Friday 29 April 2016

Question 7


 My progress during the production of both magazines has advanced very far. firstly , my ability to use fireworks has gotten a lot better. this is apparent in the layout of my work . i have learned how to add guidelines to my work. this helps it to look far more neatly arranged /set out , making my magazine look more sleek and professional. my improvement in editing has also shown . this is particularly visible in the picture quality and effects placed on the text and images. i especially learned how to use a wide variety of newer technologies that link in with the production of my magazine. for example , i was able to download new fonts online using DaFont to get a font for my masthead that perfectly fitted the style of my music magazine. this was one of the things that hindered my school magazine as i didn't have access to any of other fonts besides the default fonts on fireworks . adding effects to my work has also greatly improved the overall quality of my products. for example , i have learned how to add drop shadows and glows to my shapes and text on my magazine pages.  this is to make each layer stand out and to give it a much more 3 dimensional feel . unlike my school magazine that looked very flat , blocky and 2D.
the ability to modify the leading and keening on my text has provided a huge advantage in laying out the text on my products . this was especially useful on my music magazine front cover to arrange my text to fit around the cover model while maintaining a consistent font style and size . this problem was apparent on my school magazine work as i had to constantly change font size to fit the page , resulting in fonts of inconsistent sizes and no real rhyme or reason.the research into what a house style is also greatly affected my final products as it added that extra consistency that is crucial in a magazine looking official and professional. it was also important in making each page look connected as maintaining a unique yet consistent style throughout will really add to the product's overall quality. color scheme was also a crucial piece of progress that needed to be made for my final products . on my school magazine pages , my colour scheme was very plain and drab . this really did the magazine a disservice and did not really fit the theme of a school magazine. i learned from this mistake while producing my music magazine pages. for these , i used an electric blue to fit in with the electro style and genre of the magazine . i then used an orange to compliment the blue and really make the text stand out.




No comments:

Post a Comment