Thursday 22 October 2015

My magazine analysis

my magazine goes against one of the typical conventions of a magazine by what is used as the main cover . the main cover image features a background , which is very uncommon as the majority of cover images are either on a blank background or an artificial/edited background. for my masthead , i used a plain , while professional black font . this was on the far lighter section of the magazine so it would stand out a lot more , thus catching the audience's attention . The color scheme i used was the school's colors . i used this because it would help make the magazine more easily identifiable with the school . for my anchorage text , i added a shadow to the text to help make it look more natural in line with the cover image. the anchorage is white so that it stands out more.my magazine conforms to the convention of a typical magazine as the layout is quite similar to that of a normal magazine . the masthead is at the top of the page in order to catch the potential buyer's eye. my banner features the school motto , again to make it more recognizable. i also tried to make my magazine suitable to my target audience so i created the cover in a way that was most appealing to that audience. as the target audience was 12-17 year olds , i chose to go for a more mature and professional design as i thought if i used a more fun design people would be discouraged as the magazine could appear  childish . my magazine also conforms to most conventions of a modern magazine , and includes their typical features . such as a masthead , main image , anchorage and cover lines etc

No comments:

Post a Comment